Clinical studies have confirmed the efficacy of the LLLT and the i-Lipo diode laser to deliver body shaping results. All parts of the body can be treated where fat is stored, including the waistline, thighs, arms, leg and even under the chin.
A study was conducted on 15 patients (12 women, three men) during a course of eight i-Lipo treatment sessions over four weeks. Patients all had a history of resistant areas which previously demonstrated little improvement with diet and exercise alone. Seven subjects had treatment on their thighs, eight had treatment done on their abdomens.
After five i-Lipo treatments, a histological and biological analysis was performed. Using light microscopy and assaying glycerol collagen synthesis levels, untreated human skin explants were compared to i-Lipo treated tissue. The results can be seen here (below, left). After nine treatments, iDXA X-ray analysis showed a 152% increase in fat reduction in treated areas, 200% increase in lean muscle mass in treated areas, and a circumferential reduction of nine centimeters.
• On average, a 4.16 cm circumference reduction was measured on the abdomen, and 1.5 cm circumference reduction was measured on the thigh.
• Echography, or ultrasound fat thickness measurements, showed an average of 5.6 mm reduction in the fat layer thickness, or 4.0 mm with compression.
• Overall, an 18% reduction of thickness in adipose tissue was observed on average, for all subjects.
• Fatty tissue mass reduction averages of 4.8% in the abdomen, and 2.41% in the thigh were measured; one subject reduced fatty tissue mass by 7.84%.
• Subjects all showed a visible thinning of the hypodermis (fat layer), a reduction of average fat cell size, and a reduction of fibrosis divisions between the fat lobules.
• Modification of fat cell membranes was observed, including flattening or elongation of the fat cell shape compared to the normal, globular shape of filled capacity fat cells.
• There was no observed necrosis or destruction of adjacent structures (epidermis, microvasculature, or dermal collagen).
Based on results from a recent double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized study of 34 volunteers, the FDA found that over 70% of participants experienced significant inch loss, thus validating the use of i-Lipo to target specifically chosen anatomical areas for fat reduction. The results represented more than double the percentage difference for meeting significant results as defined by the FDA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does i-Lipo hurt? Isn't is just a different kind of liposuction?
No, i-Lipo is completely pain-free. i-Lipo requires no needles, no surgery and no downtime.
How much inch loss will I see?
Patients typically report a 10% inch loss reduction following a treatment regimen.
How long does a typical treatment regimen take?
Two, 20-minute treatments per week for four weeks are recommended.
How long will it take before I see results?
Results can be seen immediately after each treatment as the fat cell contents are released.
Can I/Should I exercise while undergoing treatment?
Yes! The treatment can be performed on all skin types and body areas where unwanted fat is stored and you can return to normal activity immediately after treatment. Light exercise post treatment can actually accelerate the removal of the released fat; you can get a jump start on that exercise by adding a VibraTrim workout to your treatment!